Happy Birthday Grandma!

10:09:00 PM

Hello Everyone!


Today is a weird day. Twelve years ago on August 10th, my dear Grandma passed away. For this reason this is always a very sad day for my family. However August 10th was also her birthday! This means it's one of those days that's a bit happy and a bit sad all together. 

Today I chose to celebrate her life rather than mourn her death. I was pretty young when she passed away so I don't have a lot of memories of her, but I do remember she was an amazing person and I owe a lot to her.

My grandma was an incredible artist and even started her own art foundation/gallery with her best friend. Ever since I was little I've loved looking at her artwork, which is beautiful but also a bit quirky and different, just like her! 

She had two children and three grandchildren, all of which inherited her creative gene. Whether in theatre or art, all of us have decided to follow our creative passions, even though we all had the brains to become doctors or lawyers (we have some good genes), and I'm really proud to say that everyone in my family has followed or is currently following their creative passion.

I love my grandma and know for a fact she is watching over us every day. 

Happy Birthday Grandma Bookie! 
I love you.

XOXO

You Might Also Like

0 reacties

Subscribe