Kylie Lipkit: KOKO K-Tried and Tested!

6:00:00 PM

Hello Everyone!

In my July Favorites I quickly mentioned the Kylie Lipkit I'd bought, but I figured it deserves a whole separate post. So many people hate the lipkits, so many people swear by them- which leaves all the others (like myself) confused as to which side to believe. I like to be quite hands on with makeup, and try things out myself before I decide if they're any good rather than listen to the ranters and ravers online (which, to be fair, is exactly what I am by writing this review. A ranter, or a raver. If I were you I wouldn't even be listening to me to be honest. But I hope you do).  

As I mentioned, the original shade I wanted to get was Candy K, but as that one was sold out I did some research on Koko K and decided that was also a really nice shade. It's so hard to pick out lip colors online because a lipstick looks different on everyone, especially online where there's so many different people and such different lighting. Besides, after you've ordered it and tried it on, it's not like you can just get a refund if you end up getting the wrong color, so that's definitely a bit scary. If you're gonna buy makeup online, look at a lot of different blog posts and youtube videos so you can get an idea of what the product might look like on you.
Candy K is more of a brown nude as compared to the pink Koko K

Images courtesy of www.kyliecosmetics.com

When Koko K arrived about a week after I'd ordered it (which is pretty quick), the mailman told me I had to pay another €18 for 'import rights', which I thought was absolutely ridiculous! It wasn't even so much the fact that I had to pay even more on top of the product and shipping costs (even thought that was also annoying), but the fact that apparently these costs are applied at random (so not everyone pays them) and that they were not mentioned at all when I purchased my lip kit really irritated me. However, I don't think this is the fault of Kylie Cosmetics, but more of the Dutch delivery system. Either way, I was pretty annoyed.

The lipkit came in the iconic black Kylie Cosmetics box, including a little note written by Kylie herself (photocopied, obviously). The lip kit came in the cute little box I've seen all over instagram, and it looked just as lovely in real life as it did online. I immediately swatched the liner and liquid lip on my hand, and found that the color of the liner was a bit different than than of the liquid lip, but when you wear them together it's not noticeable at all. If anything this means you can wear the liner by itself if you want to wear something a bit different!



I applied the lipliner on my lips and the first thing I noticed was that the formula was very different from what I was used to. It wasn't as hard and pencil-like as some, but not as creamy and soft as others. It had a sturdy consistency of what I can only describe as a soft wax, but was very pigmented and went on very well. 

The liquid lip smells very sweet, which I don't mind, but I can imagine it can put people off. The applicator was a bit thinner than my Jeffree Star one and it was really easy to create a nice, clean line. When applied it took a little less than a minute to dry, and once dry it looked beautiful! The color was a little bit lighter than I had hoped, but it was nonetheless a gorgeous pink. The consistency of the liquid lip was a little bit thick and slightly chalky, but I only had to reapply it maybe once in the afternoon I was wearing it.

Overall I am really happy with this lipkit, and am definitely considering buying another- the only thing holding me back is the thought of having to spend product+shipping+import, which is a bit too much for me. So as for now I will be trying some other brands, I've heard colourpop does some amazing liquid lips for half the price.

What do you guys think? Love Kylie Cosmetics or hate it? What liquid lips are your fave? Let me know!

xoxo
Rowan

You Might Also Like

0 reacties

Subscribe