Down the rabbit hole (straight into debt)

3:38:00 PM

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to another episode of 'Rowan spends all of her money on makeup'. In last weeks episode, I spent all my money on makeup and in a preview of next week you will see me spending all my money on makeup. As for now, enjoy watching this 1 hour episode of me spending all my money on makeup!

This is what I imagine my own reality tv show would be like. Because, hell, do I buy a lot of makeup. It's not really like I ever need new makeup (although I always convince myself I do),  but I am just a slave to the capitalist system who's been brainwashed by marketing conspiracies and has no self control when it comes to shopping. But hey, the first step to solving a problem....

Working for a makeup brand I was never really fussed about buying the new products that came out because I would use them so much at work the excitement wore off after a while. However, the second I opened up the new Alice in Wonderland palette I was sold. Or, better yet, it was sold. To me. A day before it launched. Oops.


I don't really use a lot of color and therefor only own a few colorful palettes, so I justified me buying Alice as a 'kit investment'-as I do with pretty much all the products I know I shouldn't be buying/don't need. It also helped that we were supposed to wear the palette to to work every day for about 2 weeks, and this way I could get ready in my pyamas rather than having to go to work early to do my eyes. At the end of the day I totally don't regret buying the palette because, let's face it, it's bloody beautiful.


It has a decent price of 43 pounds/60 dollars and is available from the UD website (here/here), or in store at Debenhams, Selfridges, Sephora, etc. You get 20 of the most pigmented shades in beautiful packaging, which works out to 2 pounds/3 dollars per shade which is SO DECENT.

There are 5 different rows that represent 5 different characters: Alice, The Mad Hatter, Mirana, Iracebeth and Time. You can wear all the shades together or mix and match them!
The first row of 4 shades represents Alice. It consists of two very soft neutral shades, a brown with gold shimmer and a shimmery blue.

The second character is the Mad Hatter. In true Mad Hatter style these shades are colorful and bright (and a little bit crazy). In true UD style, however, they are still totally wearable, either together or combined with some more neutral colors for a more everyday look.

Up next is the white Queen, Mirana. These shades are really neutral and soft, but still pigmented and beautiful. The shade Lily has an iridescent sheen to it and makes an amazing highlight. 

These shades represent Iracebeth, the evil Red Queen. If you think of Helena Bonham Carter's amazing representation of the red queen in the film, these are the perfect colors to represent the character. The bright blue/turquoise combined with a deeper blue to represent the crazy blue eyeshadow, the gorgeous coppery red for the lips, and the pale shimmery shade for her pale white skin. Even though they are completely different colors, they actually look really cool when you combine them!

The last character in the palette is Time. These colors are dark and smokey, and make a beautiful dark eye. The shade Dream On is very sheer and glittery and is perfect to add a bit of glitter to any other shade. 

 Because I am in so in love with this palette (and I hope by now you are too) I am gonna treat you to another post! In my next post I will be showing you a few different looks I've created with this palette. So STAY TUNED!

Lots of Love,
Rowan 

You Might Also Like

0 reacties

Subscribe