Nail-o-rama

5:50:00 PM

Hello Everybody!

Remember earlier today when I said I was going to stay inside all day? Well, that was a lie, because if there's one thing I love more than lounging on the couch in my sweats eating ice cream and watching 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower', it's nail polish. Essie nail polish, to be specific. And there just so happens to be a store a few blocks away from my house that sells said nail polish, so you understand I couldn't not go. I like to treat myself to one of their beautiful polishes every once in a while, when I need something to cheer me up, when I feel like I deserve a reward for my hard work or when I haven't gotten one in a while and I start getting Essie-withdrawal-symptoms.

So into the rain I went, walked five meters and returned, went back into the house, waited for the storm to calm and walked back out. Round two was a lot more successful and I actually made it to the store this time. When it comes to Essie, I usually buy the first color that catches my eye, because I know I'll never be able to choose once I start browsing. Essie isn't exactly your cheapest nail polish brand so it's not like I can buy every color I want- and Lord knows I want them all- but it's pretty hard to go wrong. Every color I've bought so far still makes my heart beat a little faster as soon as I put it on. The color I went for this time is 'Lilacism', a beautiful pastel lilac -as the name suggest- color that I've been wanting for ages, and since it's supposed to be spring, I thought it would be the perfect buy. While I was in the shop I saw the L'Oreal mascara's were fifty percent (!) off so I simply had to get one of those, and I also bought a new eyeliner brush, eyeshadow primer and some brush cleaner. Oh dear, I think I may have a problem.

Here's Lilacism- so gorgeous!

I absolutely love this look!


Here are the other things I just had to buy

Something I really love about painting your nails (besides the fact that it makes you look and feel ten times better) is the endless possibilities- Am I keeping my nails long, or shall I go for short? Round or square? Lots of patterns or simple and plane? Glossy or matte? I usually get my inspiration from social media networks such as instagram and Tumblr and love to share my own ideas with the world. Here are a few of my favorite nail designs I've done myself:

Aztec prints are definitely my new obsession, especially when combined with this cute purple with a matte topcoat!

I adore this half plane/half glitter look

This has got to be my all time favorite nail design. I bought the gems from Claires and simply glued them on with a pair of tweezers!

Simple yet sophisticated

This simple matte pink look is made with Essie's 'Cascade Cool' and a drugstore matte topcoat



What do you guys think? What are your favvy nail looks? Would you like to see some tutorial type posts? Let me know!


Hugs and Kisses!


You Might Also Like

0 reacties

Subscribe