Fiasco Hair and Fabulous Solutions

12:59:00 PM

Hello Everybody!


I am so sorry about not posting anything in over a week but I have been terribly busy with school (whats new, eh?). But here I am, 12:08 AM, tick-tacking away just for you!


Today's post is about one of my favorite things: hair! I realize that may have sounded a bit odd, but what girl doesn't love a bit of hair renewal? Lord knows this girl does. Over the past years I've had my fair share of cute, glamorous or downright disastrous hairstyles. I like to think of my hair as one of my best features: it's thick, long and you can do pretty much anything with it. This is why I prefer going to the hairdressers to get a cut or dye-job, in stead of trying to let my parents do it for me, or worse- do it myself. Yes, this may cost a little (a lot) more money than grabbing the scissors from the kitchen drawer and hoping for the best, but I'd rather go through  life a little poorer with a good head-a-hair than looking like poor Cynthia from Rugrats. However, for the last year I have mistreated my hair terribly, leading to dead-ends and fifty shades of hair color -shudder-.

Here's a quick recap: about a year ago I decided I needed to get purple dip-dye, so I let my hairdresser bleach the bottom  of my hair and dye it a lovely shade of violet.

It looked quite nice but sadly enough the purple didn't stay very long and within a few weeks I went from purple to magenta to mauve and ended up with the top half of my hair a dark brown and the bottom half bleached blond.


There was no nice overlay and the color contrast was far too heavy so after a while I decided to go back to my brunette ways and bought a permanent brown color to dye it back. This looked nice but after a few months I got bored with it and -being the Kardashian obsessed wacko I am- decided to go full on black. Like I said, I have really thick hair so one packing was not nearly enough, so I ended up having streaks of brown in between my black locks. I tried putting another layer of black on about a week after the first coloring but this only seemed to make the color difference worse. It was supposed to be washable dye but that was an obvious lie because no matter what I tried (head and shoulders mixed with baking soda isn't something I'd usually wash my hair with), I kept having streaks of black. Now after a while of washing and trying to get all the dye out of my hair and to go back to my natural hair color, my hair ended up being a mix of four different colors: dark brown (natural), blond (on the bottom), chocolate brown and black. It looked absolutely horrendous and I've been fed up with it for months, but I didn't want to cut it all off because I've finally managed to grow my hair out.
This is what my hair looked like: a mess of colors and dead ends. (It's straightened by the way)

As you may know I am quite obsessed with British Youtubers and Bloggers, and at the moment I'm quite into Sprinkle of Glitter and Zoella. After watching a lot of their videos I decided I was in love with Zoe's hair and wanted to go ombre. After weeks of doubting if it would end up looking okay I finally got up the courage to call my best friend and beg her to do my hair for me. I went out and bought L'oreal's Wild Ombre Préférence and went over to her house yesterday afternoon. I'd watched lots of DIY videos in advance just so I had a slight clue of what the heck we were supposed to do, but I have to say Joyce (the best friend) was quite the professional in the whole matter.

It took quite a while, starting with dividing the dye over my hair (I have a lot of hair) and waiting 30 minutes (the box said 25-45 minutes but we chose 30 just to be safe), but the worst part was rinsing out the dye, putting in the shampoo, rinsing out the shampoo, brushing my wet and horribly tangled hair and finally blow-drying it. Even though I think the dye could have stayed in a little bit longer for a slightly bigger effect, I'm still very happy with the result. My hair finally looks healthy again, and not to mention super gorgina -and yes, that is a word-. I think the brush to apply the dye has made the color go lighter very gradually rather than going from dark to light in a matter of mm, which makes the look very subtle but nonetheless really pretty. Also, the dye turned out a beautiful honey to caramel color, which fits my dark roots perfectly. As I said, I'm really pleased with the result and think ombré is definitely the way to go! I would totally recommend L'oreal's Wild Ombre Préférence because it's super easy to apply and comes out great.


What do you guys think? Do you love the ombre-look or do you think this style is so last summer? Let me know in the comments!


Hugs and Kisses!

You Might Also Like

3 reacties

  1. This looks gorgeous on you! The colour turned out so well and I also love Zoe's ombré look. Great post x
    http://kahneee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh this is just stunning on you! it looks gorgeous! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much! It means a lot :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe